Corsair Community

A Problem

Caged

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but I'm willing to write this post if there is some chance the $64.99 worth of memory can somehow be refunded or credited.

On 6/21/2007 at 1:01:00 PM, I ordered CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail from Newegg.com. I received it without trouble, but discovered upon running memory diagnostics that there was a faulty module. Instead of RMA'ing to Newegg, I contacted your excellent RMA department, was approved, and had 2 new sticks sent my way after you received the faulty ones (The emails are long gone, so I can only give you my name, Adam Gwozdz, as an RMA reference). I installed the sticks, ran the diagnostics, and found them to be in working order. I then left my system for a number of weeks, only to return and suddenly find my system suffering from frequent freezes (screen locks and audio loops) with no error logs and no apparent solution. (I reinstalled drivers, formatted, and still had the trouble) I pulled my hair out all day today trying to find the solution, which was finally discovered to be removing the newer memory modules.

My guess is that I was originally shipped a bad motherboard back in August of 06, but as I only ever used 2 of the 4 slots, I never knew about the issue. So now I find myself in a very aggravating position. The memory modules do not appear to be faulty, however I cannot say that for certain. Yet I cannot insert them into the system as it causes instability. The sticks are not the original product, so I cannot return them to Newegg, but I didn't actually give you guys money, so I can't even seem to return them to you. I have $65 worth of memory sitting in an anti-static bag near my keyboard and don't know what the heck to do with it. I suspect the answer is I am out of luck, but perhaps you know something I can do in this situation.

As always, any input will be gratefully accepted, good or bad :cool:

• Corsair Employees
Yes I agree with the MB and CPU you have listed you would have to run the memory at DDR333 with 4 modules installed. And I am sorry you would have to talk to the reseller about a credit as we do not sell Direct we would not have any way to do that for you.

When you're attempting to use 4 sticks together, what timings / voltage are you setting them to?

All the sticks are identical, They CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail. (So I got 2 of the duel channel kits)

They are running at 200MHz

Attached is the Everest Home Edition Motherboard Information which includes the memory settings.

Report.txt

Archived