Corsair Community

Need help on memory setup please!

wyatt_earp

Hi folks

I am running Vista 32bit, on the Asus P5w dh deluxe mobo, intel core 2 quad(q6600 b3), 2GB RAM (corsair twin2X2048-6400 ddr2 800mhz), sataII 160gb with the OS on it partitioned to 2X 80gb ish, sataII 500gb partioned to 2X 250gb ish, NEC optiarc ad-7170s sata dvd burner. The bios is 2004. I forgot to manually set up the memory before installing Vista!

I have now adjusted the memory timing manually and get the memory showing as pc -6400 dual channel interleaved in the bios screen which is now correct? The processor shows as the correct one. On restart i get BSOD right at the last moment of startup. Sometimes it mentions ATI in the BSOD but not always. If i start in safe mode it startsup but will hang a bit later on.

Can someone confirm i have the right memory settings for this memory TWIN2X2048-6400

The dram frequency is set to ddr2-800 mem voltage at 1.9v the other settings as per page 4-26 (of mobo user guide) are 5 5 5 12 6 with ecc mode = disabled.

I am really stuck with this and if someone can put me right i would be really grateful. If no one has the answer here - if i just set the memory settings back to auto would that do?

Hope to hear back when i get back from work.

Thanks

Wyatt

Thanks for your message. I will check out what you say.

I dont want to overclock any thing on this pc so the memory is now on SPD with auto settings elsewhere. I get "pc2-5300 dual channel with interleaving"

on the startup screen but still get the same sort of issues. Should i maually set my memory to 5300? If so, how do i do it?

Thanks

Wyatt

Archived