Corsair Community

Corsair 620HXEU and beep from Graphic card

Tiat

Hello

Today i bought the Corsair CMPSU-620HXEU, 620Watt and installed to my Antec p182, I turned on the computer and it worked perfectly. Played some Supreme Commander etc and decided to turn off my computer.

This it what happens.

Just before the PSU shuts down the system, my Inno3d GTX8800 makes a squeek sound, a short beep sortof. Like the warning it gives when it does not get enough power.

I tried to disconnect the 2* 6pins and also removed the gfx card all together, it was the card that made the sound, and it does it every time i turn my computer off.

Does this problem accur because the Corsair CMPSU-620HXEU, have some sort of problem turning of the entire system at once?

Any help will be appricated.

(should i be worried when this problem only accurs when turning the system off, otherwise the entire system works flawlessly)

Specs are.

2gb Corsair 6400 ram

Intel Core 2 duo 6850

Asus PK5 motherboard

Inno3d 8800 GTX geforce

Corsair CMPSU-620HXEU, 620Watt

Raptor 76gb 10000rpm hdd

Best Regards

Martin

• Corsair Employees
This is normal with some video cards. What is happening is that the PSU is shutting down a few milliseconds before the video card has received the the signal to shut down, and you are getting the "not enough power" beep. This will not damage the system at all.

Archived