Corsair Community

Problem with ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and TwinXMS2 6400G

Saluisto

I bought the mobo Asus P5W DH Deluxe and TwinXMS2-6400G memory (BIOS settings are standard). Everything worked fine (for two month) until last week. Suddenly the computer was unable to boot. So I switched the the RAM modules to figure out wheater the ram was the reason but without success. Next step was that I used only one module and tried to boot this time with success. I also tried to reboot with the only other module but this time it didn't work. Finally I used memtest and figured out that one of the modules is bad.

The strange thing is that everything worked fine for two month. My question is how a working memory suddenly becomes bad. I didn't change anything in the BIOS settings could a VIRUS be an explanation?

THX Saluisto

• Corsair Employees
Our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday threw Friday, if you have not heard from them by now please just call them at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com and I am sure they will be happy to take care of you.

Archived