Corsair Community

Submitted RMA request on 08/17/07

blackdouglass

Hi there

I submitted an RMA request back on August 17, 2007 and have yet to get any form of response other than "We are reviewing....". I have 4GB of TWINX2048 - 3200PRO that I have been running successfully since approximatly November 2005. In August 2007 my system began randomly rebooting during grpahiclly intense operations. This esclated to the point that Windows XP Pro would no longer boot. I tired to reinstall Windows XP Pro thinking the HD maight have crashed. I was unable to install XP and so I transfered the RAM to another system. Upon installing the RAM my other system crashed in a similiar fashion to the first. I ran memtest off an iso I had burned to and found that none of the RAM could pass any of the tests in either system. None of my systems are overclocked. I believe that my RAM is bad. I am wonder how long it takes to get a response for an RMA request. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly helpful (Yes I completed the automated tech support thing issue # 218030)

Thanks

Additional Information: I have subsituted non-Corsair RAM into my system and run memtest. The system passes with non-Corsair RAM. I have also tested each Corsair unit individually and each unit (all four) fails. I have used the following memory setting with both brands of RAM: 3-3-3-8, 2.5-3-3-8, and 2.5-3-3-6. In these trials the Corsair RAM fails each time and the non-Corsair RAM passes.

Archived