Corsair Community

P5N-E SLI DDR2 TWIN 2x2048-6400 2x1GB 800MHZ

landu13

Hi i recently purchased a brand new system. Old PSU decided to short the motherboard due to mishandling on my own part. Lesson learned.

I had the generic version of this type of memory according to the store (patriot memory) and had lots of trouble trying to get XP installed, it would fail at various points citing STOP: 0x8E. Took out one of the 2 sticks and was able to get XP installed, my drivers installed ETC. After a few hours of just on cruise control it BSoD fairly quick. It happened a few more times so I decided to swap out the memory out for some corsair (what i had in my previous system). And that is how i have what i have now. THe blue screen error has still happened a couple of times. Most notably when it was just sitting still doing nothing yesterday and sometime during last night (yet no minidump was made....)

It doesn't crash when im playing games like bioshock or wow, or watching videos or doing both at the same time. But just typing on the internet it froze. I've read other threads citing to change the voltage and speed of the memory on a few of the similar motherboards and same memory. But it wasn't the exact motherboard and i only have 2 sticks not 4.

Any advice and i filled out the computer specs info not sure where that shows up but if ya need any questions answered regardingt he system just lemme know.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived