Corsair Community

CM2X1024-6400C4 bad module

CompuHandy

Greetings,

I recently (on June 19) purchased the CM2X2048-6400C4 Dual-Channel kit through ZipZoomFly (because ASI couldn't get it for me) for a computer I was building for one of my clients. The computer ran very well for a while, until about 2 weeks ago, when it began randomly rebooting itself and having problems running various programs.

So I went there to check it out. The first thing I did was look at what it was doing, then I began to suspect the motherboard had some issue. But before jumping to conclusions, I decided to check the other components.

When I took the second module out, the system would boot, but would not run any programs, at all. Then I replaced the first module with the second, and tried it. This time, the system booted and everything worked just fine, no errors. This tells me the module that was in the first slot is defective.

That client needs that computer to keep running, so I just left it with one module installed for now, so they can keep using the machine. Now I just need to get a replacement for this one that doesn't work properly.

Thank you,

CompuHandy

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

• 1 month later...
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Greetings,

I sent the bad module in about three weeks ago and haven't received anything in return. When I checked the RMA status online a few minutes ago it showed "Defective Parts Not Yet Received". Either that is not true or it was misplaced.

Would you please find out for me and let me know? Do you need the RMA number? I just looked for the UPS tracking number and couldn't find the receipt in my wallet . . . it must be at the office or at the house somewhere. If you need the tracking number, please let me know.

Thank you,

CompuHandy

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived