Corsair Community

PC2100 ECC for Dell Poweredge 1600SC

orhiker

The memory configurator doesn't show this server model (why?). Dell specs say it takes PC2100, ECC Registered low-density DIMMS.

Have 1Gb (1 of the 4 slots filled), want to add 1.5-2Gb add'l.

1. Must I match the CAS 2.5 clock of the existing module, or will CAS2 work?

2. Can't find specs on this CM74SD1024R-2100/S (why?) is it compatible?

3. Can I put 3x 512Mb modules instead of 2x 1Gb?

4. Which specific module part#s of 512Mb & 1Gb can work for me?

Thanks!

However, I can still buy Corsair PC2100 ECC/REG on the secondary market (e.g. eBay), so which module(s) can I use based on having a 1Gb stick installed per original posting? (I can't buy a new server, so no new-style RAM, but would love to stick to Corsair memory!):biggrin:

I'm going to search exactly those sources, but I don't know which modules are compatible with my PowerEdge 1600SC. (An old memory configurator should tell you all compatible Corsair module part#s, and you can post them here, I hope.)

Also, is there is any issue putting some/any of those with a 1Gb CL2.5 DIMM already in place?

(Nowhere in the FAQs can I find if a module's CL is immutable, or if you can safely use a faster one: e.g. my system takes 2.5 - MUST I have 2.5 module, or will CL2 adjust to the chipset and run at 2.5? Also, is it ok to put CL2 & CL2.5 together because they play at the fastest common speed, 2.5 in this instance?)

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry if its not listed on our current configurator I would not have any information. And I would not suggest mixing memory on any system.

I would suggest using the memory as suggested from the system builder.

Archived