Corsair Community

Acer Aspire 3100-1033 Laptop Memory?

brdbing

I have an Acer Aspire 3100-1033 laptop and would like to upgrade the ram. It comes standard with 512mb. Acer techsupport was abosolutely worthless. According to Acer's website the specs say it supposedly can hold up to 4GB in two SODIMM slots even though many other websites say it holds 2GB max. The OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition. Even if I put 4GB in this thing will it all be available? I've read in some places the full 4GB will not show up in windows and therefore will not allow me to use it to full capacity. Any thoughts? All the Acer website says is it can take "4 GB using DDR2 533/667 soDIMM modules." Now I've seen DDR 667 that runs at two different speeds, (PC-5300 and PC-5400). Ok I'm offically confused. Does anybody have any experience with this or similar Acer laptops? What do I put in this thing?

• Corsair Employees
Please look up your system on our memory configurator as it will show a list of modules that are available for your system. And if you are using a 32-Bit O.S. then you will see something less than 2.75 Gig of memory available in Windows. Or if you do go to 4 Gig you would have to use a 64 Bit O.S. but your NB chipset and or CPU may not properly support it I would suggest asking the NB manufacturer more questions about upgrade options.

Archived