Corsair Community

RMA & sending from the UK

jpcjpc

One of a pair of DIMMs has failed and I've just got an RMA number emailed. As I live in the UK I've got a couple of questions:

1. As I live in the UK do I still send the failed memory to Fremont USA or is there a UK office I can use instead?

2. How do I recover the costs of sending the failed memory? I paid a lot for what I thought was super-stable memory, so I'd be aggrieved if I had to pay to get it fixed when it went wrong less than 2 years later ;):

3. Do I need to send both DIMMs back or will I get a match for the working one?

4. And if I do have to send both, how is my PC going to work with no memory? No, don't answer that one ;): - but the question is, what will Corsair do to make up for the fact that my PC will be down for what'll probably be about 2 weeks taking post time into account?

At least there IS a warranty, but I was hoping not to have to use it :biggrin:

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

1. As I live in the UK do I still send the failed memory to Fremont USA or is there a UK office I can use instead?

1 A: Yes you would need to send the modules to us, however you can try your reseller and see if they can help test and or replace them for you.

2. How do I recover the costs of sending the failed memory? I paid a lot for what I thought was super-stable memory, so I'd be aggrieved if I had to pay to get it fixed when it went wrong less than 2 years later?

2 A: I am sorry but the warranty policy would be for you to send them to us and we will pay to send them back to you.

3. Do I need to send both DIMMs back or will I get a match for the working one?

3 A: It will depend on the modules part number. However, I would suggest getting your modules replaced as a set if that was how you purchased them. So they both match.

4. And if I do have to send both, how is my PC going to work with no memory? No, don't answer that one - but the question is, what will Corsair do to make up for the fact that my PC will be down for what'll probably be about 2 weeks taking post time into account?

4 A: I am sorry about the inconvenience but there is no way we can offer loaner memory and or advanced replacements. However, if this system is question is used in a commercial environment our customer service might be able to make an exception. Please contact them and they can help you with that question, 510-657-8747 Ext "0" or warranty@corsairmemory.com

Archived