Corsair Community

D975XBX2 mobo won't boot with 4-4-4-12 settings

mwp1948

My Intel D975XBX2 motherboard won't boot with the Corsair settings of 4-4-4-12. Those are the latency specs for the Corsair XMS2 TWIN2048-C6400C4 memory I purchased for this motherboard. Leaving the memory setting on auto the board defaults to the settings of 5-5-5-18 and it boots with no problem. When I set it to the Corsair settings it fails the post test and gives me the option to go into the BIOS setting to change them or continue the boot which only brings the system back to the same option since it won't pass the post test. Is there some bios setting I'm missing that won't let the system boot at the lower latency settings? Has anyone had a similar experience with this board or have any suggestions as to why the board won't boot with the 4-4-4-12 settings? I've flashed the bios to the latest version which is 2770. Any help would be appreciated.

I did set the voltage to 2.1 but neglected to include that in the original post and the system won't boot with the 4-4-4-12 settings. I removed the Corsair memory and put in a pair of OCZ Platinum rev.2 sticks with latency settings of 4-4-4-15 and the system boots ok. One curious note is if I leave all the memory installed, the system properties only reports 3.25gb of ram. With either pair installed by themselves the system properties reports the full 2gb if ram. If I look at the memory in the bios with all four sticks installed it shows 1024mb in each bank. I am in the process of testing each stick of the Corsair memeory with memtest86 and I'll let you know if it shows any errors. Thanks

Archived