Corsair Community

Problem Asus Striker Extreme And Cm2x1024-8500c4d

Luch92243

Hi i have a quad core intel 2.4ghz with asus striker extreme i recently purchase corsair cm2x1024-8500c5d said was compatabile with this board.

when i set the timings n voltage to 2.2v

it starts doing strang things such as lockn at post locking up in bios cant change settings can i please get some help thank you very much

• Corsair Employees

Once you reset the CMOS, please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.2 volts and then set the timings to 5-5-5-15 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Make sure when running memtest you have “Legacy USB Support” disabled in the BIOS.

im so sorry for late reply i lost the link i saved but i have figure it out im running 1301 bios n 2.2v with 5 5 5 15 everything is running perfect thank you for your time, again i apologize for replying late

now i just have to figure out this overclocking i know that 9x333 = 1333mhz=3.0ghz but what is 9x266 can anyone give me a hand on that or some what explain been searching on sites :P

thank you ram guy u the man. yea the q6600 is at 266 lol duh its 2.4 but what is the fsb on 266 like on mobo for 3.0ghz i put 1333mhz and 2.4 be 1066 what would 2.8 be around n how does that work if u dont mind linking me or is there calculator out there i can play with.

thank you im a noob soory sorry

yo yo ramguy i have a question sorry for bothering hehe

ok i got 2 gigs of this ram 8500c5d asus striker extreme quad core q6600 b3 stepping

i want to get another 2 gigs what timings n voltage would i set it my fsb is set at 1333mhz 3.0ghz atm stable

the ram is at 5 5 5 15 n 2.2volts 2 gigs atm

i have vista i can install i have windows xp on this system

thank you for your time ramguy :)

be 4 gigs total would like for performance settings :) gaming lots of fps n mmorpg games thanks again :)

Archived