Corsair Community

Making Additional Hose Connections

JoeRichmondVA

I would like to hear from others experience in adding additional blocks to their Nautilus500 (or other systems). Some of the questions I currently have are:

• What is the best method for properly cutting the hose?
  • Are clamps necessary after pushing the hose onto the block barbs?
  • Tips to putting the hose over the barbs (I've read everything from KY Jelly to just heating up the hoses for 10 seconds before pushing them on)
  • Any minimum hose lengths between blocks?

Any other info on this topic not listed above is also appreciated. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

* What is the best method for properly cutting the hose?

Make a nice clean cut at 90 degrees

* Are clamps necessary after pushing the hose onto the block barbs?

Yes

* Tips to putting the hose over the barbs (I've read everything from KY Jelly to just heating up the hoses for 10 seconds before pushing them on)

With the Nautilus block you can simply press them onto the barbs and tighten the clamps. You may want to check with the waterblock manufacturer to see if there is a special way to do it with the blocks you are using.

* Any minimum hose lengths between blocks?

Leave a little bit of slack so that the hoses are not getting kinked or bending too aggressively, hindering waterflow.

Just wanted to share my happy results. I put the Nautilus500 and my Corsair 450W power supply in on Friday. Took me a few hours because I did the GPU and NB and tested my connections hanging outside the case in case there was a leak, but it was a fun project. The CPU block took like 10 seconds to put in.

I did some simple benchmarking before and after. As an example:

Before: running with 2 fans in the PSU, 1 CPU fan, 1 VGA fan and 4 case fans, 5% overclocked.

After: running 1 PSU fan, 1 case fan, CPU, NB and GPU watercooled, 5%overclocked.

Before: CPU Idle temp was 39/102, MB temp was 46/114.

After: CPU Idle temp was 33/91, MB temp was 87/15, case was 91.9.

Before: CPU Load temp was 58/136, MB temp was 48/118, case was at 107.5.

After: CPU Load temp was 41/105, MB temp was 35/95, case was 91.9.

The better news is I can now run stable at 10% overclocking which I couldn't do before, and also with my ATI Radeon 9800Pro core and memory overclocked also now.

The highest temp I have hit after being overclocked and running BF2142 for hours is CPU 47/116 and MB 39/102.

Noise-wise, this system is now MUCH quieter, it was annoying loud before. That was worth the money right there.

Kudos for producing a great watercooling system and PSU.

Archived