Corsair Community

Memory problem after install!

tbratz

I am running an Intel D975XBX2 with an Intel extreme X6800 cpu, windows xp. I just replaced two 512 modules with two CM2X1024-5400C4 modules. I turned the system on and it crashed before even booting into windows. After 4-5 more attempts and crashes, the system finally booted into windows. But, the minute I opened an application...blue screen and crash city again. I tried re-seating the memory with the same results. I put my original two memory sticks of 512's back in and it booted and worked fine. I then put the new Corsair memory in one at a time and each one works fine, as long as they are installed by themselves. My system booted right up into windows with no problems. But, when I re-install both Corsair modules together the system again crashes. But, there is no problem with my old memory installed dual channel. Is it possibly a voltage issue. In the bios the voltage is set to automatic. Should it be set up another way, or is there a problem with the ram that causes this when installed together. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived