Corsair Community

DDR2 800 possible to 1066?

Hi all. I've been having trouble overclocking my Dominator modules. Currently they are DDR2 800 (Twin 2X2048-6400C4d). The thing is I want to match the frequency to my processor's FSB so that they are both running 1066 @ 1:1.

Here are my current settings

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

My processor is an Intel QX6700

Motherboard is Asus Striker Extreme

What settings do you recommend I set the memory to if I want to overclock it to 1066?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

DC

Hi all. I've been having trouble overclocking my Dominator modules. Currently they are DDR2 800 (Twin 2X2048-6400C4d). The thing is I want to match the frequency to my processor's FSB so that they are both running 1066 @ 1:1.

Here are my current settings

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

My processor is an Intel QX6700

Motherboard is Asus Striker Extreme

What settings do you recommend I set the memory to if I want to overclock it to 1066?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

DC

set your VDIMM to about 2.1 to start off as that is your stock voltage. You may have to relax your timings a bit to get 1066 though.

Okay well I adjusted the timings to 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2v. I also linked 1:1 with my memory and FSB. So far, no blue screens :D: and I hope it stays that way.

Can I do anything other than just running games to see if it would blue screen or is it totally random?

Yes Orthos will test for you, link.

http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/orthos_exe_20060420.cab

You can test ram, cpu, or both together.

The thing is I want to match the frequency to my processor's FSB so that they are both running 1066 @ 1:1.

Just so you know, a 1066FSB CPU is actually running at 266mhz at stock. And, 1066 memory is running at 533mhz at stock. If you want your CPU and memory to be at the same frequency you are going to need to go WAY up with your CPU (which is not likely) or severely underclock your memory. If your CPU is at stock and your memory is at DDR1066, then you are running a 1:2 ratio. You can use to CPU-Z to verify this.

Archived