Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe - 100% reliability desired - ZERO overclocking -- pro questions

smote

I've recently invested in a host of hardware built on my new ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard. I will not be engaging in the foolish practice of overclocking. I want 100% reliability 100% of the time. It therefore seems wise to invest in the corsair ram with SPD set at JEDEC spec PC3200. I am seriously considering the TWINX1024-3200C2PRO I have a few questions for the ram guy: 1) If these are pro series why isn't the heatsink made from platinum? isn't platinum by far a better heatsink material than aluminum? 2) these modules have spiffy lights. that's nice I suppose, but how do they work? My guy feeling is having memory load lights on the modules will somehow slow their performance. true? thank you in advance for your help

• Corsair Employees
1) If these are pro series why isn't the heat sink made from platinum? isn't platinum by far a better heat sink material than aluminum? A: To make the heat spreader out of pure Platinum would make the cost of the module 2 times as expensive. In addition, these are made with an alloy and are designed so the thermal properties are better than any heat spreader you could purchase. 2) These modules have spiffy lights. That is nice I suppose, but how do they work? My guy feeling is having memory load lights on the modules will somehow slow their performance. true? A: The Pro version has the activity LEDs and work by sensing the activity in the MB accessing that specific bank. Therefore, there is no interference with the modules performance. In addition, in fact many have found the Pro version to run as good as, if not better than Non Pro version.

Archived