Corsair Community

HX620W abruptly shuts down once powered up.

Therasios

Received a HX620W from delivery yesterday and installed in my new build. Upon pressing the power switch, the power supply briefly powers on and then shuts off in less than a second. Pressing the power switch again trigger no response until the back breaker is switched off and on again; then PS would just briefly power on on for like half second and immediately shuts off. Since I also have a water cool setup, I've also tried shorting the green and a ground terminal with a paper clip. The same outcome occurs as the radiator fan briefly spins up for a second and the everything shuts down. I have no other connections attached to the Corsair PS unit when I performed the short. I've also tested the short with my old Antec TruPower 430W and it kept my water cooling kit running for the whole night. Do I have a defective HX620W?

I unplugged everything on the motherboard except the cpu since it was going to be a headache removing the water block, but same outcome when I hit the power button. I believe there might be a short in the PS itself because I tried the green/black short on the Corsair while nothing else is connected and pulled the unit completely out of the case, yet the outcome is still the same; the radiator fan spins for a second and the entire PS is shut off. I have a spare Antec Truepower 430W sitting on the side with nothing else connected and when I plug in the water kit's molex power plug and short the green/black leads, the entire water circuit runs indefinitely until I kill the short.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived