Corsair Community

Help!

JG_

Please help me Corsair RAM guy. I have a Gigabyte MB and 1024 megs of Corsair RAM. I had to underclock the RAM to stop my games crashing :-(. Did I buy the wrong RAM for my board? I bought CMX 512 - 3200 LL. Underneath that in big letters it says XMS. Beneath that again it says XMS 3200 512 MB 400 MHZ 2326. Please please help me, I so nearly have a fine machine. Oh, I nearly forget my MB model. It's GA-8PENXP. Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to buy the RAM recommended by your acrobat download for Gigabyte boards but it's too confusing. Why do all your RAM types have to have such similar names? I don't want to make another expensive mistake. If I have bought the wrong RAM (which I suspect I have) then can you give me a link to the correct stuff? Thanks

• Corsair Employees
For any Giga-Byte MB I would suggest that you use a JEDEC module or one suggested by the MB maker. Our part # for DDR400 would be CM64SD512-3200 or CM64SD256A-3200. In addition, a good part for this MB if you want to use 2 Gig of memory would be Twinx2048-3200.

I don't know what a JEDEC module is RAM Guy :-/. I need to know if I bought the wrong RAM for my board and if so which of the following should I buy from Scan. Corsair TwinX 1024 MB 3200 CAS 2 ( 2 x 512MB PC3200 184 pin MATCHED PAIR DDR CAS 2) Corsair TwinX 1024 MB 3200 Low Latency ( 2 x 512MB PC3200 184 pin MATCHED PAIR DDR LLPT) Corsair TwinX 1Gb (2x512) PC3200 RECC *c2* (AMD FX & OPTERON COMPATIBLE) Thanks in advance.

Archived