Corsair Community

Incompatible Power Supply

SMR

I have a PC that's a few years old with an old ASRock motherboard (no idea what the model number is, it isn't on the board). The case power supply was noisy so I replaced it with a Nexus NX-3000, it in turn recently died so I've been back on the stock PSU.

Today I picked up a Corsair VX-450W (after reading all the good reviews) and have hooked it up. The mouse and all other peripherals have power, but the PC won't boot.

The ASRock motherboard has a 20-pin connector, and that's it, so I'm wondering if the Corsair power supply is compatible? There's nowhere to connect an EPS12V line (and one wasn't connected previously) so perhaps that is the problem?

The PC is fine back on the original case power supply.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I have had similar problem after installing new power supply. My computer would turn on and work fine. After a month or so of not shutting it down one day I did and next morning it would not turn on. The green light is lid on my mobo, but nothing happens when pressing power button. I cleared CMOS and it works again.

• Corsair Employees
Our PSU's are backwards compatible to ATX 2.01. If your motherboard is not compliant with this spec it may be why you are having these issues. Also you will both want to make sure that you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard, and load setup defaults after it is installed!

Archived