Corsair Community

Asus K8V Deluxe/3200C2PT issue

Stone50

Just put together my first system: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Asus K8 mobo Corsair 1024 3200C2PT Sapphire 9800 Pro 128 During the initial boot I got nothing but black screen, no post... Both sticks in, Dimms 1 & 3 as the manual suggested... So i try one stick... POST! hmmmm So i try the other...POST! I run memtest on the the first stick.... everything is fine, I make note of the settings... The second one is running now and I have noticed something different: Stick #1 205Mhz CAS 2.5-3-3-6 Stick#2 200Mhz CAS 3-3-3-8 Not sure if this is my probelm, two good sticks slightly different and not working together? I have read the forums and set the voltage to 2.7... Cleared the CMOS.... nothing has worked with both! only solo do they work.... Any ideas? Thanks, Stone (newb here, so no laughing :laughing: )

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the modules you have Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that resolves the problem. If not then I would have to suggest that try and replace your modules.

i am having the same problem using the same mobo and video card and also have corsair xms series 3200 ram. i have to dimms and have them in the 1st and 2nd slot and have tried the same things that u have tried with movin around the dimms and nothing has worked. i thought it might have been because mine had leds on them but no that i see ur havin the same problem im thinking that its not compatible. but with mine nothing ever booted up i am still cant past a blank sceen im thinking of getting ne ram.

• Corsair Employee
I would try the system with just one module at a time in slot one and see if you can get the system to post by resetting the bios with the CLRTC jumper. If you can get it to post then please update the bios to the latest version, then test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url], andlet’s make sure it is not a bad module.

Archived