Corsair Community

MSI K9N SLI Platinum + 4 modules of Twin2x20486400C4

kamicat

Hi,

at first sorry for any language mistakes... ^^

I have a Problem with my computer system. I have upgraded my mainboard with 2 new memory modules and my system gets very unstable. I got some bluescreens (INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR, IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the undifined STOP ERROR) and I decided to reinstall my os. But the setup fails to. I tried to strip down my system that only The Mainboard, CPU, Memory, HDD, GPU, and DVD was pluged in (I thought that my PSU my isnt strong enough) but the Bluescreens didnt stop.

Then I decided to remove two of the memory modules and YEAH system runs fine. I changed them so that I tried the "old" and the "new" and both are running fine. Only if all memory modules are inserted the system runs very unstable.

I had a colseup on the memorymodules and noticed that they have two different versions 2.1 and 3.1 ... Is that maybe the problem ?

Mainboard settings are at default.

Memory is inserted right (old and new memory is not crossed in banks).

At last my system specs:

Motherboard:

MSI K9N SLI Platinum

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ AM2

Memory:

Corsair TWIN2X20486400D

Video Card # 1:

MSI GeForce 8800 GTX

Hard Drive # 1:

Seagate ST3250620AS 250 GB 16 MB Cache

Hard Drive # 2:

Seagate ST3250620AS 250 GB 16 MB Cache

Optical Drive # 1:

Samsung SATA DVD ROM

Optical Drive # 2:

Samsung SATA DVD Writer

Power Supply:

BeQuiet 650 Watt Power Supply

Case:

LianLi PC-61 Plus 2 black

Sound Card:

Creative X-FI Platinum

Monitor:

Samsung 21" Wide Display 215TW

Thanks for you help :)

I would try setting your Memory (Vdimm) voltage to 2.1V. If that does not work, then you probably need to set your Dram bandwidth to 667Mhz. This is because most motherboards/bios's are not yet optimized to run at full Dram speed with four Dimms. Usually you have to drop a speed bin or raise timings (or both) to get a system with all four ranks populated to work.

Test for stability with Memtest http://www.memtest.org

Set Ram to 2.1Volts and test for stability. If unstable, then set Ram bandwidth to 667Mhz and retest for stability.

Archived