Corsair Community

What RAm do you suggest?

rstricke

:confused: I'm building the following System, but am unclear as to which Corsair RAM would be best. Primary concern is stability w/ performance a close second. Initially I don't plan to OC, but would like the option should I decide to in the future. Would most likely only perform mild OC if I do at all. PC will be used for Video and Photo editing primarily with some games and general office applications on the side. I would like to go with 1 GB of RAM. Is it more adventageous to go with one 1GB module or 2 512MB modules in dual channel configuration? Cost is a concern, but willing to fork out the additional $'s if performance and stability are noticable to the naked eye. [B]System Hardware:[/B] Antec Sonata Abit IC7-G Max2 P4 3.0C DDR ( Plextor 708A Lite-On CDRW Atech Pro-9 multi-reader ATI AIW 9600 PRO Maxtor 80 GB SATA (x2) - RAID 0 Maxtor 120 GB SATA (Storage) I appreciate any feedback you can offer. As you can imagine, I'm exited to finalize my PC and see what it can do!

• Corsair Employees
For your requirement I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL as they would offer the best performance, but Twinx1024-3200C2 would also be a good choice! And last but not least if your budget is limited our Value Select would be a great choice but not as fast as our XMS. With the LL or low latency being the fastest of the three.

Thanks for your recommendation. When you say the 3200LL will be the fastest, can you give me some idea as to the level of performance improvement I can expect? I'm just trying to justify the price/ performance difference. Again, I appreciate the rapid responce and good information the formum provides. :): [quote name='RAM GUY']For your requirement I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL as they would offer the best performance, but Twinx1024-3200C2 would also be a good choice! And last but not least if your budget is limited our Value Select would be a great choice but not as fast as our XMS. With the LL or low latency being the fastest of the three.[/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you do a search for that model # with any browser and I think you will find some reviews on them to give you an idea. However, the C2 version will be about 1-5 % slower and the Value select about 4-10% slower than LL.

I'll continue my research as suggested. As with automobiles, it seems people select RAM based as much on personal preference as overall performance/ quality. As a result many of the reviews I've read thus far seem to contradict each other to some degree. Overall Corsair appears to be a solid & reputable company which stands behind there product, so I image I'll be alright regardless of the module I select. Thanks for your help and suggestions! [quote name='RAM GUY']I would suggest that you do a search for that model # with any browser and I think you will find some reviews on them to give you an idea. However, the C2 version will be about 1-5 % slower and the Value select about 4-10% slower than LL.[/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employees
Well we do try as hard as humanly possible to make the best module we can! Nevertheless, with reviews, you have to look at the platform they are using as that will be or show some differences. In addition, you have to consider other possibilities with in some of the reviews as well. Some are great reviews and some moderate but we always perform in the top few %. Moreover, bottom line if our module will not perform at the rated spec in an approved platform we will be happy to replace them.

Archived