Corsair Community

Problem with 4GB Flash Voyager - USB2

pxm

The device after working fine for months now everytime i insert it into a PC that has USB2 reports that the device will work faster in a USB2 port.

The PC ports are definitely USB2 and this happens on multiple machines, XP & Vista.

If i wipe and reformat the device will this resolve the problem ?

Please help, i miss my device speed.

• 3 weeks later...
if you're running windows than it can very well be that your USB2 driver is messed up - the system works with USB2 ports using USB1 drivers. Are other USB 2 devices plugged in the same port working on full USB2 speed? Alternatevely, have you tried plugging your stick into other PC's with USB2, prefferably running MacOS or Linux?

alexandrucirip - As previously said - this happens on clean brand new pc's as well - so not a driver issue

I have the same, both under windows and under linux. It is definately a hardware issue. Other usb sticks work fine in the same port at USB2 speed, but the corsair voyager is recognized as USB1 only.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived