Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF upgrade at 1200 mhz????

About the question in the subject of your post, you could probably get them running at ddr2 1200, but you would almost certainly require very loose latencies and high voltages to do so.

Remember that the entire Dominator series uses identical chips for memory, they differ only in what tests they have passed in the Corsair labs. It's conceivable that a "lower" Dominator could run at the same timings and voltages as a "higher" dominator, though with less reliability.

Ahh, do you mean what latencies and voltages you would need to run them at 1200 MHz? Sorry I misinterpreted... :p:

I guess you could start off with typical 5 5 5 15 2T timings, pick a voltage and see whether your system's stable. If it isn't, if you get BSODs and random reboots, loosen timings a bit, E.g. try 6 5 5 18 or 6 6 6 21.

It's a matter of hit-and-miss. If you're lucky and have a great set of memory chips on your DIMM you could hit 1200 stable at 5 5 5 15 and 2.4V, if not you might not hit 1200 at all. The only way to know is to try :o:

Since your RAM is rated at 2.4V, you probably won't be going any higher on the voltage front, so I wouldn't worry about that a lot.

Archived