Corsair Community

Shuttle AV49P/N Bad match for XMS

jwb4707

Hey All, My current shuttle mobo doesn't seem to work very well with the 512 3200DDR XMS PRO mod that I purchased. The memory passed the memt30 test, but when I would push my system in gaming it would constantly crash. Just wondering if you have a list of mobo's that would work well with my very expensive (and very cool) new memory THANX...

• Corsair Employees
You can check the link in my signature for the MB we use to validate the modules as a reference. But I would ask, can you tell me the CPU speed you have installed and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory!

My CPU is a P-4 2.6c 800 fsb. The only the memory settings I had were dram timing by spd was set to auto, the cas latency I think was set to 2, and the dram bank interleave was auto as well. I'll take any advice, but I think my mobo is going... :p:

• Corsair Employees
I have not looked at this system, please either contact the MB maker or see if they have a user forum. Alternatively, I would look in the user manual and see if they have the setting listed. However, normally it is where you set the CPU Freq. and Vcore

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry, but I not really allowed suggesting one MB maker over another. It really causes a conflict of interest for me. But I would start with our [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8048]XMS Qualification and Testing[/URL], ass we list all of our modules by part# and the Make and model of MB we use to validate that specific model. Alternatively, I would check some of the other forums and see what others are using with the same CPU and how they perform to get an idea of what to get!

Archived