Corsair Community

Twin2x2048-6400c4 G - Bsod

Hello. I just purchased 2GB of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 G. I previously had installed 2GB of the 'same' but purchased about a year ago. I put in the new set and noticed my computer would randomly restart, and other times I would get the BSOD with "DRIEVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" errors. The previous pair worked flawlessly, I manually set the timming at 4-4-4-12, 800, and my mobo auto set the voltage.

I went ahead and ran memtest on the 4GB and came up with 23 errors, all in test 5 and 6. I then pulled the newly installed pair and ran the tests on my old 2GB and did not come up with any errors. I am guessing the pair is bad. I still have the abilty to RMA to newegg.com, but wanted to make sure the new pair was bad before I did this.

I do notice that when I look at the memory, my old set says XMS6404v1.2, while the new set says XMS6404v2.1 Is there any significant difference? Also, do I need to manually set the voltage to 2.1 or will auto detect work fine with my mobo (Intel D975XBX rev 303, latest BIOS).

I want to be able to have 4GB when I port over to Vista 64 soon. I appreciate the help, thanks,

RIL:D:

• Corsair Employees
With these modules you will need to set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and when you install all 4 modules you will need to set the memory frequency to DDR667 with a 1066 FSB CPU and or DDR533 with a 800 FSB CPU.

Archived