Corsair Community

TWINX2048 3200C2PRO Compatability

Miltl

A short time ago I RMA'd Corsair 1G of pc3200XL, bad sticks and they no longer made this ram. They sent me 2G of pc3200c2Pro, TWINX2048. Nice lights but this ram doesn't boot my machine. I still have 1G of pc3200XL working, running at the specified timings of 2-2-2-5 @ 2.75v. I think I have tried every conceivable way to get this PRO ram working but It just won't boot my machine. Am I missing something in the BIOS setup before installing the new ram or is it not compatible with this ASUS P4C800E-DELUXE mobo? I think on the Corsair site they show pc3200c2 as OK. Yeah I know it's an old mobo but works just fine for what I do. I just need a bit more ram and the PRO is what Corsair sent as a replacement. I haven't changed the ram timing BEFORE installing the PRO because I thought it might screw up my working XL. Any thoughts or hints?

• Corsair Employees
You cannot mix these modules please try and rest the BIOS with just the 2 Gig set installed and then set the tested Voltage and setting s manually Cas 2-3-3-6 at 2.75 Volts and see if the system will post.

Sorry Ram Guy, I should have been more precise in my thread. I am only installing the TWINX2048 PC3200C2PRO. Not adding them with the XL's. I have removed the 3200XL's, installed the PRO's and left the timing where it was so I could get into the BIOS. Then upon starting up the machine, it will not post at all. The PRO ram lights come on and the HD activity light glows steady but the system will not boot. Do I need to set the timing for the PRO's BEFORE I install them, while still running with XL's installed? Maybe I should reset the BIOS to default first and then power down then install the PRO ram and power up!? I guess it's all in the order in which I'm trying to install the PRO's that's giving me fits. It must be so simple I'm overlooking the obvious. The voltage is at 2.75.

I read a lot of others use this ram with this motherboard, so It's got to be me..

Uh, I'll keep at it. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard, then load setup defaults and then manually set the memory voltage to 2.75v and timings to 2-3-3-6. The 3200C2 modules most likely will not boot at 2-2-2-5 timings.

Ram Guy, Thanks for the input and help. I am now running 2G of Corsairs most excellent memory. As you suggested, the BIOS had to be reset before installing the PC3200C2PRO. Everything is alright now and humming along nicely. Now if I can only remember how I did it in reverse in case I need to put the mighty XL's back in. Thanks a million. :biggrin:

Archived