Corsair Community

Got a bad stick, I think.

Ado173

Bought a matched pair of these sticks, and I am having massive issues with instability.

I get random restarts, followed by either a refusal to post, or an endless loop of posts, loading windows, then restarting before log-in.

I tried just about every configuration, dual channel, single channel, 800Mhz 667Mhz, 553Mhz, 400Mhz.

Tried the optimal BIOS settings, tried setting every RAM parameter at auto, tried setting it to 4-4-4-12, tried my voltage at everything from 1.80 to 2.15.

No matter what I do, I just cannot seem to get a stable system out of this, unless I remove one stick and run 1024MB. Which stick doesn't matter, they both work fine by themselves. I've tested my memory through memtest, and neither stick reports any errors, neither alone or in pairs.

My motherboard is the MSI K9N-Neo, and my CPU is an Athlon X2 +5200. I have a 500W PSU installed.

*edit :

Well, now one of the sticks doesn't seem to function on it's own anymore either, which is news to me. Tried it in slots 1 and 3, and no joy. The other stick boots just fine.

Archived