Corsair Community

ASUS P5N-E SLI & Corsair memory

abz_zeus

Hi

Using Corsair CM2X1024 - 6400C4 memory (2 separate sets - I have 2GB in the P5B and I've bought 2GB for the P5N-E SLI) which competes a full memtest86+ v1.70 on an ASUS P5B, I get the following on the ASUS P5N-E SLI:

One set set is Stick 1-A & 1-B and other is 2-A & 2-B

Stick 1-A in Slot 1 - Pass

Stick 1-B in Slot 1 - Fail - test 5 130 errors test 7 30+ errors

Stick 1-A in Slot 3 - Fail test 6 136+ errors Stick 1-B in Slot 3 - Fail test 3 16 errors

Stick 1-A in Slot 2 - Fail test 2 64 errors - machine required power cord removal to turn off Stick 1-B in Slot 2 - Fail test 1 8 errors - machine required power cord removal to turn off

Stick 1-A in Slot 1 & 1-B in slot 3 - Fail test 3 - 640+ errors

Stick 1-B in Slot 1 & 1-A in Slot 3 - Fail test 3 - 90+ errors

Stick 1-A in Slot 2 & 1-B in Slot 4 - Hangs on boot/

Retest of Sticks 1-A & 1B in P5B pass

Test of Sticks 2-A & 2-B in P5B pass

Stick 2-A in Slot 1 - Pass

Stick 2-B in Slot 1 - Fail - test 7 48+ errors

Basically

more than one stick - Fail

One slot works with only one stick of matched pair Secondary slots refuse to boot

Now given that the M/B will complete a test on one stick of a Pair, I'm assuming that the Processor is OK and given that the Memory passes on my P5B I'm assuming that it's okay, am I correct?

What's troubling is that one stick passes the other doesn't, when testing singly any help appreciated

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard and then load optimized defaults and set the Memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings to 4-4-4-12(CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! Please allow memtest to run 2-3 passes on each module. If you still get errors, we will be happy to replace them! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Make sure when running memtest you have “Legacy USB Support” disabled in the BIOS.

If a module passes individually using the configuration above configuration there is probably not a problem with that particular module. If one passes and one fails when tested in the same configuration, there may be a bad module and we would want to have the set replaced for you.

Archived