Corsair Community

problem to install voyager

guyom59

Hi,

My corsair voyager 1Go won't install to my computer.

An error "identificator not found to your system, please ask your retailer"

my system is windows vista premium and my coputer is a notebook Asus X50R.

how to resolve my problem???

Sorry for my english's level :(

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have all of the Note Book drivers installed and then if it still gives this error send it to //windows/system32/drivers folder for the driver or search for the driver name that its asking for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have the same problem, with my Cosair Voyager GT 2Gb!

I have read all the posts regarding this problem, and have tried all your suggestions, with the path to the driverfolder in windows, installing all drivers.

Also I have testet the drive in my labtop witch is running Windows Xp, and it worked perfectly!

At some point you mentioned something with removing the usb from the device manager, would you care to explain that in detail because i do not quite understand what you mean by that?

By the way i am running as a administrator.

Is it possible that you could put the driver for the stick on your homepage or ask microsoft to update their driverdatabase to include the driver?

thank in advance

Morten

• Corsair Employees

Just reboot the system or turn it off with the DRive installed but remove the listing for it in Device manager.

To re-install the USB mass storage drivers, disconnect all USB devices connected and then in Device manager remove every thing listed in USB controllers and restart the system with no USB devices connected. Windows will re-install the USB drivers by default. Then try and connect the driver and see if it will be detected.

Hello again

Yes that works, windows finds the drive but it still has the exclamationmark on it in the device manager:bigeyes:, and it says that the device is not working, even though it has assigned a drive letter to the drive.

Now that I have shut down my pc, and started it up again, windows cannot see the drive once again.

This sucks because i bought the drive to boost my vista-system, which means that it has to be plugged in at all times!

What can i do, i see that ppl have had problems with vista buissness, which is what i currently run.

Hope that their is some kind of solotion.

Thanks

Morten

• Corsair Employees

Morton,

Please get the latest Updates from Microsoft and I would send them a message asking for help with that. Or we can try replacing the drive if you like.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived