Corsair Community

Is the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX in the EOL status ?

uricu666

Hy.

I've heard that the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX kit is in EOL (End Of Life) Status.

And my question is will my rig (an Asus P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP) with one of these kits installed, work if I install the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 kit, which I've heard is going to replace the DHX model from a production and selling point.

I'm asking this because I'm from Romaina and if the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX is in EOL, I can't get the same kit because no IT retailer or the only distributor ( or importer ) have them.

So will my existing Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX kit work with a Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 kit ?

THX for your time.

• Corsair Employees
No they are not EOL just hard to make the IC's have became hard to get as they are not in full production and the yield is not that good for the higher density IC's. And yes they are exactly the same module just different Heat spreaders. But the Non DHX part has a 1.9 Volts minimum requirement.

So does mean that the the two kits could work together on the same motherboard if I set the ram voltage to 1.9 ?

I got the information from the importer, and they said that corsair confirmed that the kit is in EOL status. So what do you recommend I should do ?; because I don't think that the importer is going to import any more of the Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX kits.

THX for your time.

So they work together but at a lover frequency which in this case is not that big of a problem. That's a bit reasuring to know because I'll probably have to get the TWIN2X4096-6400C5 kit so i can reach 8GB.

Anyway THX very much for your help.

• Corsair Employees
The lower memory frequency will be because the memory controller not the modules, but if you mix memory that do not match some MB may not post or will down clock them automatically. The settings I gave you were suggested safe settings with 4 modules.

Archived