Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX overclockin

i just want to know how i can change the TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX latency to 4-4-4-12-2T and the speed to 800MHz

it is my first time overclocking an Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo i just want to do it right, i know how te get there but wich option to change im not sure, need some help please.

Hmm, aren't those the recommended settings for that pair of modules?

For overclocking them, you could get a lot more details from the guys over at the Asus forums, like where exactly in the BIOS to go, etc.

As for the basics, you want FSB and RAM clocks to be unlinked, RAM clocked at ddr 800 MHz.

You want tCAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS and the command rate to be at 4, 4, 4, 12, 2T respectively. Not much to it :p:

I doubt you need higher-than-stock voltages for these timings, but for tighter latencies/faster clocks, you may also need to raise your DRAM voltage to get stability.

All of these settings should be somewhere in your BIOS.

Yeah the 400 almost certainly is your "real" RAM speed, use x2 for DDR2 speed and x4 for CPU FSB (if running 1:1 FSB:DRAM ratio, if not, also multiply by whatever ratio you're running your FSB and memory clocks at).

If you don't have stability issues with those sticks at 1.9V, it's fine to keep them that way. I have my pc2 8500 dominators running at 2.0V instead of 2.2V because I'm a bit nervous about killing my Micron memory chips.

Archived