Corsair Community

Voyager GT stops working

ToniCipriani

• 1 month later...

I received my replacement module today, but all it did was be recognized for 10 minutes, and everything was back to the same old (unrecognized device, "Connect it to a USB 2.0 port"). All I did was delete the TrueCrypt on the drive.

Tried the drive on both my desktop and laptop, no go there.

Are these drives known to be a bad batch or something? Because seriously my boss has a Voyager (not GT) and hers was rock-solid, took a lot of abuse and dropping, and still going strong. Mine didn't even work right out of the box!

• 2 weeks later...

I've received my replacement. I'd like to take this opportunity to compliment on the customer service of Corsair, has to be the best that I've dealt with. First replacement came in, it was DOA, and it was promptly replaced, with shipping billed to Corsair, no questions asked. Then new drive came in, works excellent, and Corsair even made up to stupid UPS' billing mistake, who tries to bill me for the shipping.

Thanks a lot, Corsair.

I've received my replacement. I'd like to take this opportunity to compliment on the customer service of Corsair, has to be the best that I've dealt with. First replacement came in, it was DOA, and it was promptly replaced, with shipping billed to Corsair, no questions asked. Then new drive came in, works excellent, and Corsair even made up to stupid UPS' billing mistake, who tries to bill me for the shipping.

Thanks a lot, Corsair.

• 3 months later...
My problem came back on this one. Same issue, Windows reports problem with USB device or blank 0 byte partition. Thank goodness I backed up this time. I'm starting to get a little sick of this problem with the Voyager GT. I've never had so much problems with any flash drive (even my old Rally drive was better than this). At first I thought it the Voyager was supposed to be rugged based on some reviews, turns out it's not. Is it possible to upgrade mine to a Survivor 4GB instead of RMAing another Voyager?

Archived