Corsair Community

No 400Mhz? Asus A8N-SLI Premium + TWINX2048-3200C2PT

radarseven

Running an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ on an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium MOBO with TWINX2048-3200C2PT in Dual Channel.

When I manually configure my DRAM settings, I cannot set the clock to 400Mhz. Machine will not post when it is set to 400Mhz. I was under the impression I could set the clock on the 3200C2PT to 400Mhz. Currently my system is stable at 333Mhz clock with timings 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.75 Volt.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

CPU-Z screenshots attached in PDF.

cpu-z_08_16_2007.pdf

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.75 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Ram Guy,

Thanks for the info.

1. I did run an 8 hour Memtest last night with both modules in and I got 0 Errors. So is it safe to assume that both modules are good, or do I still test them individually?

2. I also reset the BIOS to defaults and then configured the DRAM settings. I believe I did set the Votage after configuring the timing settings, so I will try configuring the voltage first then the timing settings.

• Corsair Employees

The problem is that when both modules are installed it will not let you set the memory to DDR400 Correct?

If yes then yes please test them one at a time to see if its one of the modules that is failing or will not run at the rated speed. If they both pass then that would suggest a MB, PSU or CPU problem.

Thanks for the info Ram Guy!

I reset again the BIOS to its defaults, set the DDR Voltage to 2.75 then adjusted the DRAM settings to 2-3-3-6 at 400Mhz and she's working like a charm! Memtest shows no errors and appears to be stable.

One question:

I am on an AMD system. Is it safe to run at CAS 2? If I remember correctly, the AMD CAS was 2.5 for this RAM.

Cheers

Archived