Corsair Community

Another Asus P5N32-E SLI issue

Da Madness

Greetings one and all (and specificly RAMGUY),

I have recently built myself a computer with an Asus P5N32-E SLI mainboard, C2D 6420 CPU and 2 packed of Twin 6400C4D (one packet being C4D G) all on XP pro.

Now I've been having a heap of peoblems and have only plugged in 2 sticks of the RAM in order to try and get things working. My computer boots up fine but randomly gets BSOD which range from IRQL Driver fault to Page_Fault_outside_paged_area. This can happen from once a day to 3 time an hour.

I've been reading the forum and have my Mem Voltage set to 2.1 and the timings set to 4-4-4-12 with it being unlinked and everything else on Auto.

I've previously had all settings on Auto with it being linked and ran MEMTEST without an issue however I've still been getting BSOD. I have yet to run MEMTEST on the above settings but I've been told by many a fellow computer tech advising that MEMTEST is not 100% accurate.

Is there any advise that you guys can give me?

I did a double test and was getting errors... Last night I tried the settings in the link above which errored on test 5. So i've lowered the spped from 800mhz to 667mhz and everything is running fine.

When I plug in the other 2 sticks I get errors on test 1 and test 3 so I lower it again to 533mhz where MEMTEST locks up after about 35 minutes of activity.

What would cause MEMTEST to lock up? Could this be a heat issue? The sticks where hot to the touch when i took them out.

Also Why would only 2 sticks be erroring of pass 5 at 800mhz but work fine at 667mhz?

I have tried a Mem Voltage of 2.1 as well as 2.0.

Thanks for you help Ram guy.

• Corsair Employees
Are you setting the Command Rate to 2T? Or any other performance settings or over clocking the CPU? If the answer is NO to these questions then lets get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Thanks for your Help RAMGUY... a few more things. I've checked the ram and it's 6400C4 not 6400C4D (Sorry about that) also I've plugged in the other packet of ram which works at 800mhz but memtest freezes after 15 mins what would be cuasing that or shoudl I just treat it as an error?

• 2 months later...

Hi Da Madness,

I had very similar problems with my P5N32-E SLI Mainboard and 4 x 1024 Corsair Dominator 6400C4D sticks. I managed it to let the system run stable at full bandwidth (800 MHz) with following Settings:

Memory clock 800 MHz (linked)

Memory voltage = 2.075 V

tCL = 4

tRCD = 4

tRP = 4

tRAS = 12

CMD = 2

tRC = 22

tWTR=15

all others on AUTO

Base voltage on both DDR2 controllers 1/2+10mV

With FSB at 1066 MHz (Quad pumped) I get a Memory integer bandwidth of 5640 MHz and a floating bandwidth of 5630 MHz (SiSandra benchmark).

Please note that with the above settings the RAM is running at its limit and will need most probably an additional Corsair airflow fan (I had to mount one) and a very stable power supply. If you get the system stable this way please note that it won't be possible to overclock it in any way. Just let all other clocks on their standard values any you'll be fine.

My box has been running for six months with this set-up now with no problems.

Good luck!:roll:

Archived