Asus Blitz Extreme + Corsair 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 TWIN3X2048-1333C9

fleric

Hello :)

I have recentlypurchased some new hardware:

Asus Blitz Extreme Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 (1333 FSB)

ATI X1600 Pro 512MB

Corsair 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3 TWIN3X2048-1333C9

However, im just curious of a few things. I contacted asus about this and only got told of those in the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) ff which this Ram, or any other Corsair's DDR3 series is not in this list.

The questions are simply:

1). Will this RAM work with this motherboard (Blitz extreme Supports DDR3).

2). What DIMM Support does it have?

A). Supports one module inserted into either slot, in Single-channel memory configuration.

B). Supports on pair of modules inserted into either channel A or Channel B as one pair of dual-channel memory Configuration.

C). Supports four modules inserted into the blue and white slots as two pairs of dual-channel memory configuration.

It may support 1,2 or all 3 like some do in the QVL. But i'll need to know if i' am to put both is channal A or 1 in A and 1 in B.

Also would BIOS Settings need to change (less important).?

Thank you for any form of help :)

• Corsair Employee

Those modules will run fine on that MB and for your other questions you would need to ask the MB maker what they are talking about as there is no reason why Two from any Memory maker would not run in dual channel on any MB as long as both modules matched, unless there is some hardware or firmware issue with the MB or that design/layout/chipset is just picky with certain memory IC's, in which that would suggest poor design on the MB or poor BIOS support.

However, that being said with some memory especially an over clocked module and in some MB layouts and or chipsets may not over clock as well as another and running more than one module may require some extra voltage settings in the chipset and or CPU.

Archived