Corsair Community

Intel D975XBX2KR and CM2X1024-6400 G

Oddy

Hi all,

I have just purchased an Intel D975XBX2KR and corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G (5-5-5-12) 800Mhz memory. When installed and powered up, there is no video signal, therefore I cannot proceed with the system installation.

I have RMA'd all components that I purchased (processor, mobo, videocard, hard drives and memory) which were tested and found not to be faulty. Are the XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G modules compatible with the Intel D975XBX2KR?

I have checked the memory configurator on the corsair website and It does not specify the XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G modules as being compatible, but it does specify that XMS2-6400C4 modules are compatible.

I have read in the Intel D975XBX2KR manual, that only SPD memory modules are compatible, therefore I suspect that the XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G do not support SPD, is this correct?

So to wrap things up, I would appreciate confirmation that the XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G modules are incompatible before I cut my losses and purchase XMS2-6400C4 modules.

Thanks

Oddy

• Corsair Employees

Should be no problem with that MB as long as you have a 1066 FSB CPU.

Did you test the modules one at a time to make sure its not one failing module?

If it will not post with either module that would suggest some other problem.

Hi Ram Guy,

I have the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz 1066MHz).

I have tried different combinations of individual memory sticks in different motherboard slots but unfortunately the system will not provide a Video output signal.

I also read that the memory voltage could be the problem so I purchased a stick of ELIXIR 512MB DDR2 667 PC5300 with these specs:

General Interface240pin Unbuffered DDR2, Speed333MHz (3ns @ CL = 5), DDR2-667, PC2-5300 Organization64Mx64, LeadsGold, Power1.8V

I hoped that the motherboard would post and allow me to reconfigure the voltage settings in the bios but this hasnt cured my problem, there is still no video signal.

The motherboard does not give me any beeps or warnings, it powers up, processor fan spins and adjusts speed depending on CPU temperature.Most forums that I have searched, seem to indicate memory as the culprit.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

:confused:

Regards

Oddy

Hi Ram Guy,

Thats a good point, however I have RMA'd two motherboards, this is the third that I have installed the components into and I still get the same fault.

This is why I am investigating other components that are common to the fault.

I guess its going to have to be a timely process of elimination :sigh!:

Fortunately Ebuyer has agreed to refund me for the XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G modules. I will then purchase XMS2-6400C4 modules as these are listed as compatible using the configure memory page of the corsair website (the XMS2 CM2X1024-6400 G modules are not listed, niether can I find any info for this specific CM2X1024-6400 product number with the "G", on the corsair website ).

If the issue still exists after the XMS2-6400C4 modules are installed, the next target will be the graphics card.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Oddy

Ok heres an update to this issue, I emailed intel support who informed me that my mobo only supports my CPU with a bios update.

The mobo does not currently ship with the correct bios version that supports core 2 quad processors, to overcome this I have had to purchase a lower spec CPU (I purchased the lowest spec CPU the mobo would support from an EBAY shop FOR £32), clear the CMOS and then update the bios using the lower spec CPU before installing the core 2 quad. So if anyone else is encountering the same issue with similar components, I would investigate your mobo bios before the Corsair RAM.

I'm currently installing Win XP pro as this is being typed. :cool:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, no more issues :roll:

Thanks again Ram Guy for your advice.

Regards

Oddy

Archived