Corsair Community

VS2GBKIT533D2 G Errors, need help

kriper8

Hi, I've just bought new RAM for my computer.

It's a Kit of 2 matching 1gb sticks of corsair memory, product name: VS2GBKIT533D2 G

Should match my computer, specs in signature (i think)

The problems I encounter when installed them correctly are mainly i keep getting CRC Errors when unpacking RAR or ZIP archives.

Also I've runned memtest, first time just 20 mins, then another time ~4h.

Just the first time i got loads, probably over 100s of errors :eek:

The Errors starts to come at test #2 and doesn't end before test resets and do come up again at test #2.

I did also tried to run memtest without the new Corsair RAM inserted and got no errors no matter what slot im using for my old RAM (2x512mb Samsung something old).

Please help me, as I'm really pissed of having to manually pick away the memory each time I want to install something from an Archive (Like BF2) or Unpacking.

Cheers

Krille

P.S

Sorry about my English.

D.S

• Corsair Employees
With just our modules installed please go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts (if you have the option) and exit saving changes and then test the modules with http://www.memtest.org. If you still get errors I would suggest testing them one at a time to make sure one is not failing.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did the reset of BIOS but can't access the Memory volt configuration, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place as I'm a quite noob with things like these. :sunglasse

Also my BIOS is from 2005 so it might be outdated?

I will test them 1 and 1 as soon I get the time to do so. :roll:

Cheers

/Krille

EDIT:

Ok, now the memories are checked for errors and it seems like 1 of the new sticks is broken or something.

In memtest i get errors in test #3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.

Test 5 is clean and so is 1 and 2.

Should I first contact my local reseller or Corsair to send back my stick(s)?

Archived