Corsair Community

CMX1024-3200C2 ASRock motherboard

HappyStick

Hi,

After installing a single CMX1024-3200C2 into slot 1 on my Asrock 775VM800 motherboard my PC no longer boots into windows (XP). I can't even make it to the bios screen, although fans are spinning and the DVD draw can be operated. When I add one of the original modules (256mb) to the remaining slot, I find that the PC makes it through POST to the windows loading screen (but not to the log on screen) and then begins POST again; this allows me to enter the BIOS. The BIOS shows that the new memory and the 256mb modules have been recognised. The latest BIOS v.1.50 was installed about 3 weeks ago. The current memory is rated PC3200U and consists of one 512mb module and one 256mb module and works fine. The BIOS settings have been left at default for both sets of memory.

All help and ideas greatly appreciated

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the modules in another system to be sure, but from the system spec you gave the PSU you is way to small and a 450 Watt Minimum would be suggested as you need about 18 Amps for the Video card by it self.

Hi again, sorry for the delay in getting back. I've tested the CMX1024-3200C2module in my son's system - ASRock 775i65G motherboard very similar to mine but with dual channel capability - and it worked without any problems. Fitted a 450W PSU and re-tried the CMX in my pc...no joy, will not even POST. Next I stripped out graphics card and all PCI cards and booted using the old memory modules...starts up without any problems. Turn off pc, insert CMX module and boot...pc does not POST. Next step, disconnect all peripherals, reset BIOS to default settings (having used the old RAM to get me that far) and boot up using old ram...pc starts up without any problems. Turn off pc insert CMX module try to boot...pc does not POST. In desparation I have even cleared the CMOS, still nothing. One last thing, the very first time I installed the CMX module, XP requested re-authorisation due to the extent of the modifications made to the system. This seemed a little strange as a memory upgrade is a minor modification.

Once again any help/ideas gratefully received

Now have 450W PSU and a single CMX1024-3200C2 module. After a bit of trial and error, it turns out that I have to disable the DRAM Multiple Page Mode in the BIOS. For some reason the Corsair module will not run with it set to auto even though this is the default setting for the BIOS, and my old memory - PC3200 Samsung modules - worked fine with these default settings. Will this setting cause a loss of performance?

Archived