Corsair Community

Corsair Survivor Casing Question

jylong

I have a corsair survivor GT, and it's served me well so far. I read a review about it here http://www.everythingusb.com/corsair_flash_survivor_gt_8gb_12805.html which mentioned that the end cap on the casing was attached by a very thin metal collar and what seemed like glue. It seemed to be the first thing to come off when the device was 'stress tested' (eg run over by car, dropped from height, etc). I was wondering if this 'problem' has been addressed or modified since then?

Oh, no, not having problem at all. Was just wondering about it the other day when I was staring down the open end of the casing. What was the modification they made in the design? And is there any way to find out if my model is a 'pre' of 'post' design change? Thanks.

David

I got it about 2 weeks ago. Was that change on the internal O-ring or external, and what was it supposed to do?

Was the short metal collar on the metal casing end changed at all? That seemed to be part of the reason the end cap came off relatively easily?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm just curious about all this! The survivor's been great so far!

David

Cool :) Makes me feel more confident now whever the Survivor accidentally bumps into something hard now!

Was the metal collar in the casing extended down as well? Or was the fixative(?glue) changed as well?

Yes, I know I sound a bit OCD, but I'm really curious!

David

• 2 months later...
... (eg run over by car, dropped from height, etc).

After reading the article, I'm more impressed with the Survivor now!

Also, the newer housing for the Survivor is a vast improvement over the older type. Corsair did their homework once again and made the product even better. :biggrin:

Driving over any of my other USB thumb/jump drives will destroy them. The Survivor should live up to its name easily.

Archived