Corsair Community

Asus P5W DH Deluxe + Dominator 8500

dselley

Hello, I have recently purchased a new set of Corsair Dominator 2GB 8500 and having trouble in getting them to run at their 1066mhz speed(loads of errors in memtest), I have a pair of 1GB XMS2 8500 Ram and can get those upto 1087mhz, when I run memtest with the dominators there are errors on many of the tests, they do run without errors when underclocked to 889. I haven't tried anything over that yet. Can somebody tell me if running this any faster is possible. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Are you trying to run 4 modules? And the 512 Meg modules are single sided they might run at 1066 with out over clocking the CPU but with this chipset you would need to over clock the CPU to get close to 1066 MHz on the memory but it will top out between 960-1030 MHz from what I have seen with out over volting the CPU and chipset.

I have only tried to run 2 modules at a time as I wanted to run it in dual channel mode, I ran the XMS2 modules with an overclocked CPU an E6600 overclocked to 3.2ghz but the XMS2 RAM worked fine, but it will not work without multiple errors in memtest using the dominator modules.

• Corsair Employees
That is about normal for that MB, I doubt it will run one set at 1066 with out way over volting the Chipset and CPU but with 4 modules you would need to run the memory at DDR667 and I would set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and you should be able to run the timings at Cas 4-4-4-12.

Archived