Corsair Community

Asus P5B-Plus vs. TWIN2X2048-6400C4 G ?

coHoser

I can't seem to get this to work stably - I keep getting when I start my PC I get the message:

CMOS settings wrong

Overclocking Failed! Please enter Setup to re-configure your system.

Press F1 to run SETUP

Press F2 to load default values and continue

F2 will let it boot and run, but every time I shut it off, I have to shut down the pc, wait, turn off the power, turn the power back on and hit the button - otherwise it hangs before I get to a post...

What should the timings & voltage be for this memory? I didn't order a rev G, but that is what newegg sent.

I have never had a problem with AMD boards & cpu's, but this intel q6600 and board seem to stink...

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and set the tested settings set manually and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.1 Volts! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived