Corsair Community

4 hard drives on 1 cable

xeonicxpression

I'm going to take one of molex cables and put two of the molex to two sata connectors on there. My case is a mess so this would cut down on one cable. Is this a bad idea? Can one connector support 4 7200rpm hard drives or am I just asking for trouble?:confused:

edit: I forgot to mention that I have the 620HX - Thanks

13 views an no replies? Come on someone has to know. I really want to hook up my computer again but I sick of redoing the cables constantly.:laughing: Since I built the computer a week ago I think I've taken the hard drive cage in and out atleast 7 times.:eek: I had to RMA two DOA WD's so that was 3 times alone! My case is such a horrible mess, so I would like to do this. I don't want to just try it though. I would hate to over stress the power supply then something bad happen.:eek: I'm guessing since 3 of the connectors are on 1 rail that if I split the 4 hard drives onto two cables on the same rail it would be the same as four hard drives on the same cable. I just want to make sure. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
It should not be a problem to do this, however I have seen in some cases especially on a raid array where there were issues providing enough power to all of the drives from one dongle I would suggest using two if you can.

Archived