Corsair Community

P5N32 sli se deluxe ram compatibility

lordteo

system:

mobo asus P5N32 sli se deluxe

cpu intel E6600

ram TWIN2X1024-5400C4 xms2 667mhz (now only one kit)

vga gigabyte en7900gtx 512mb

power supply thermaltake toughpower 700w

excuse me for my english but I'm italian.my system works correctly only with one pair of ram.if I install the second pair (I've buied a new kit like the first), the sistem boot but it's stop and doesn't run the OS.appear an error message like a file that doesn't exsist in system32 folder.also if I try to reinstall the SO, the process start but than it's stopped too.I would like to know if this ram modules can work in two pairs in this model of moderbord or not.or if are there any bios configuration to made it possible.thanks a lot.

hi.I'll try as you say.now the system seems be working good with all four ram.I've not already do memtest, and I haven't find in bios configuration "nforce spp voltage". is it the southbridge chipset voltage?

another question: to launch memtest with usb pen (I've not a floppy drive), I have to copy the correct file on it and restart my computer only? thank you so much, and excuse me, another time, for my "maccheronico" english.

• Corsair Employees
When you have them all in your system, (With 4 Modules) I would try and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and just let the BIOS set the timings and Disable legacy USB and test the system again with http://www.memtest.org. But what you have posted might also suggest a power problem, are you sure the PSU has enough power for your system configuration? That would about 45 Watts just for the memory.

• Corsair Employees
Yes that should be enough, but it still might be a bit noisy or have some issue with the MB. If you can test the modules in another system that might help as well. Also with 4 modules you might have to run the memory at a slower speed as well.

• Corsair Employees

Can you tell me the exact BIOS settings you had set for both CPU and memory?

And with this MB you need the latest BIOS if you do not have it installed and you may need to manually set the Command Rate to 2t as well as set the memory frequency at DDR667 and just let the BIOS set the timings.

these are settings:

Vcore: 1,316V

default ratio: 9x

speedstep: enabled

bus speed: 1066,7 mhz

fsb: 266,7 mhz

memory remap feature: disabled

NB Hypertransport frequency: 800mhz

SB Hypertransport frequency: 800mhz

memory voltage: 2,0V

Ram frequency: 333,3mhz

FSB DRAM:4:5

memory bus frequency: 667 mhz

timings 5-5-5-15 (Tras)-19(Trc)

bios version 0704 (it is the latest stable) there is another one but it's a beta version.do you think I can update bios with it or not?

• Corsair Employees
You might make sure the memory Voltage is set to 2.0 Volts and set the Command Rate to 2t Manually and then when you run http://www.memtest.org make sure Legacy USB is disable and let me know what test you get errors one when testing them. And test the modules one at a time if you have not done so lets make sure its not a failing module.

now, I'll do memtest onother time with the setting you seggest to me:

with all 4 modules, errors occours during "moving inversions, 32 bit pattern" test.

with one at time, only a module had errors also in "moving inversions, 32 bit pattern" test. it's an old one ram. do you think is this the problem? thank you so much for help me.

ok, so I have to do the rma request for the replacement of it. thank you so much.I'll just weite to tech support for some specifications about it, because I don't know, in some parts of the form, what I have to writ.thank you so much for help me. so, after the replacement of the ram, you'll think I can use all 4 modules in my motherboard (with the correct bios settings...)?

• 2 weeks later...
I've received the new rams and now all seems ok. I've open a thread in "customer care" because I've only one pair of ram bad but I've received two new.so I don't know what I've to return to Corsair: all my (one bad and one good or the bad one and one that I received in replacement).Anyhow I think that my technical problem is solved.thank you very much.

Archived