Corsair Community

Rma 1019779

RoryMcD

Hi,

According to my postage tracking my memory with the above RMA was recieved by yourselves on 08/08/07, yet the online status of my RMA is still sitting as "Defective Parts Not Yet Received".

Please could you confirm that you have indeed received the memory, and put my mind at rest that it has not been lost.

Many thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Could you please tell me what the normal turn around of defective RAM being received by yourselves and getting replacement items sent out to your customers?

That is almost 2 weeks since corsair have stated that they have received the defective parts, and have not actually done anything more. Surely this is not the usual way that your customers are treated. How long can it take to put the modules into a test bed and admit that one is knackered?

Seriously, this is getting to be beyond a joke.

:sigh!:

Thanks.

I have now had the situation explained to me. It seems that my memory modules have been tested, and that replacements are on order.

Two points though:

1. I would seriously advise adding another couple of lines in the RMA status page, giving information on the test results etc. and the status of replacement parts if applicable. Just leaving the status of the RMA hanging on "Quantity Received: 1" is very open to interpretation and misunderstanding.

2. Although I have asked repeatedly, they have not given me any kind of ETA for these replacements. Now, they may well be in high demand as the RMA service have stated, and I can understand Corsair wanting to sell them to new customers before "giving" them to existing customers who have already payed and have been let down (that is the way of business after all), but still, I would expect a company of Cosairs standards to at least know when they are going to have modules of a certain type available. Heck, if there is no XMS2 PC2-6400C3 available, I will take some higher spec modules (as I am sure I read some where on your website), I am not fussy! ;):

Hi,

Well that is another week gone (week 4 now) and still no word on when the RAM (TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF) will even be available! I have asked to define what they mean exactly by "a little time" (can't remember the wording exactly) but for me, that is less than 4 weeks.

I really really have to get that computer up and running ASAP, and as it stand with my replacement RAM, I would not be surprised to be sitting here another 4 weeks down the line, so I will have to buy some replacement memory, if only to be used as a stop gap for the next few weeks or months till my replacement modules are available. Now, I still consider Corsair memory to be the best out there, even if I do consider the customer support to be very lacking (sorry, but that is getting on for six weeks since I first got the RMA number and sent my memory off and to me that is quite unacceptable) but anyhow, my question to yourself is:

What is the cheapest Corsair memory available that I could buy for my ASUS Striker Extreme (I know that motherboard is quite picky)? Ideally I would be looking for 1GB of (6400) as the motherboard runs at 400MHz, but any recommendations on value type RAM etc. that is guaranteed to work with that mobo would be greatly appreciated.

A bit peeved that I will be even more out of pocket. but I don't have any choice at this time.

Many thanks,

Rory

Archived