Corsair Community

Power Supply RMA

toytoyota

My HX520W was plugged in and running for only 2 minutes before smoke started to come out. I immediately turned it off and, while disappointed at getting a failed power supply, I have decided to try and get the same one because I understand it is the best in its class. I feel that the RMA process at Corsair is tailored to memory modules because they are relatively inexpensive to mail back to corsair. Yet the shipping on a heavy power supply is very expensive. Unfortunately I could only buy this power supply online and I am requesting that Corsair send me a box with pre paid shipping so I can send this back because I got a defective power supply on arrival. Otherwise, I will feel like buying Corsair power supplies is a risk because you have to pay for the heavy shipping back if it is a dud.

Thank you so much.

Yet the shipping on a heavy power supply is very expensive.

Expensive? If you're in the USA it should cost less than $10 to ship the psu USP/FedEx/DHL ground.

Otherwise, I will feel like buying Corsair power supplies is a risk because you have to pay for the heavy shipping back if it is a dud.

If you had a Silverstone or Antec psu arrive DOA, or fail prematurely, would you feel the same way? I received a DOA EarthWatts 430 so I feel your pain. It took a total of two weeks to receive a new psu when you factor in shipping time to/from and the time to process the RMA. Not bad in the grand scheme of things, but 2 weeks is still a long time if you do not have a part to sub in its place.

Standard RMA procedures for just about any computer component, including monitors, require the end user (you) to pay for shipping to the mfg. (in this case Corsair) or place of purchase. In return the company will pay to ship it back to you. Typically you RMA DOA items to the place of purchase, and if it was Newegg you can call customer service to politely request a shipping credit (which they do honor on occasion) once you do an online RMA.

If only Corsair had an advanced replacement warranty........ :cool:

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or “Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Yup.

Anyways on that note, Corsair has had it for 3 days and I was wondering if Ramguy could tell me whether I will get an email when they ship back my new power supply or will they just ship it? I know I can check the status of my RMA online but it's not very detailed. My case number is 214290. Or maybe they just don't work weekends. Only reason I care is because I'm going to college soon and would like this PSU as fast as possible.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Alright I should be getting it on friday. Oh and EliteKiller, always fight for your consumer demands or rights! I already knew about standard RMA policies but it never hurts to ask (for the shipping), especially from Corsair, they have great customer service and are willing to stand by their products. I purposely didn't RMA it with newegg because I knew I had a better shot with the manufacturer.

Thanks again hopefully this one will work! I really need it to because I'm going to college soon and I really don't want to worry about it there.

Archived