Corsair Community

Ram Dead?

chump

HI Ram Guy,

I have some TWINX2048-3200C2PT matched pair modules and I think one is dead. THe problem started when I got up one morning and the computer wouldn't boot right. I got to Windows loading screen directly after the POST screens and kept restarting. This caused a lot of pain and time fiddling in the bios, and trying to install a new copy of windows on another drive. I tried a lot of different bios's for the Fatality, bios 19,20,21, but I kept getting 'Page in non paged area' STOP messages. I stripped the computer down and tried to boot with one stick of ram, which worked fine but when failed with the other chip. I reinstalled everything using new parts - Coolermaster 650w Extreme Power PSU with the stock PSU, IDE hard drive to replace the SATAII drives, unplugged the UGuru tool and everything worked with the one chip. The other one wouldn't load the bios correctly.

Just to point out, I have never overclocked this computer at all, I was getting some wierd voltage readings using the stock PSU that came with the case. The ram was overvolting by .2 volts (DDR Voltage). It was set to default 2.6 in the bios, So I have bought the Coolermaster PSU and everything seems correct. The ram chip the worked, worked with both PSUs and the other ram chip didn't work with both.

Athlon64 4200+ X2

Abit Fatal1ty AN8-SLI

Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT

GeForce 6800GT (x1)

Hitachi Deskstar Sata2 hard drives (x2) 250gb

Pionneer DL DVD RW (x2)

ASPIRE X-Navigator ATX case + PSU

http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=69

Other HW used

HP 10gb IDE

CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650w

• Corsair Employees
If you are having the same issues with the memory running at 2.75 volts, then let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or “Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived