Corsair Community

BIOS & Memory Problems?

three

Hi there,

I know that my issue is similar to Ashesney76's thread however my issue is slightly different and I didn't want to hijack his thread :sigh!:

I have an Asus P5N32-E SLI motherboard and have 4 sticks of Corsair Memory:

Pair 1

CM2X1024 - 6400C4

CM2X1024 - 6400C4

Pair 2 (purchased later)

CM2X1024 - 6400C4 G

CM2X1024 - 6400C4 G

The problem I have is that if I try and make certain changes in the BIOS my computer will not boot up. I am running Windows XP Pro and the message I get is:

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

This only happens when I make the following changes in the BIOS (these settings have been set one at a time - i.e. no 2 changes were made at one time):

- up the voltage for the RAM to 2.10v

- enable the SLI ready function (OC 0%)

If i change these settings back to normal then the error goes away and the computer starts fine. I was also finding i would get BSODs for paging areas and pfn_list_corrupt. Again once things were changed back to normal the problem would go away.

This has been tested on Vista x64 Ultimate and Windows XP Professional (both clean installations).

Note: My full specs are under my name - but you probably already knew that!

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Three :)

You will need to disable SLI ready memory and set the memory frequency at DDR667 with 4 modules and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and make sure Command Rate is set to 2T as well.

should i keep the timings at 4-4-4-12 with the 4 sticks in? i have someone who has said that that could also be a problem?

Archived