Corsair Community

Want a write protected flash drive

BigDoggit

I am putting together a flash drive for virus repair and want one that is write protected - for obvious reasons. I trust corsair, and noticed in another thread here about not putting in a password to write protect the pen drive. I'm not completing clear on that suggestion. If no password is put in, then you can still read files but not write? At the very least, I am in need of some guidance to a sturdy pen drive that has a write protect switch. Does corsair make one. If not, where should I go?

Big Dog

I agree there is no 100% way. Too bad life doesn't have that option, cause I would take it sometimes. You have a good suggestion with making the files read only. I will do that. And yes, a bootable cd is best, however, with a pen drive I can update virus definitions or retool my software on the fly, and I was hoping to take advantage of that. This is why I wanted to take advantage of a pen drive with a write protect switch. I will probably purchase your GT voyager for other things, including making it bootable to repair windows xp computers that won't even boot up. However, I want to sort this write protect switch thing out. I have associates who do great with their write protect pen drives, read a lot of good reviews on such a thing, so I'm thinking of trying it. Do you know of any good ones? Thanks for your help, I'm taking your suggestions in and considering them.

Eric

• Corsair Employees
I do understand and there used to be some products like this on the market but I think most have not been using this type of security as its another aspect that can fail. But I will make the Flash Product managers aware of your suggestion!

Archived