Corsair Community

Hard Error encountered

joesdomain

I built a new system at the beginning of this year. I am using Asus M2N-SLI deluxe for the mainboard and the AMD 3800 X2 AM2 cpu. I installed 2x 512MB valueselect corsair ram (VS512MB667D2)

Later on, i purchased another pair of the same and about a week ago, i started noticing a "Hard Error" error popping up once in a while and its got my puzzled. I checked on search engines and i get different causes.

Other errors that i have noticed are:Stop 0xC000021A

I removed the second set of ram and now, so far, no errors have popped up. I ran memtest and no errors were encountered.

I would appreciate any suggestions

Regards

Joe Robertson

Timmins, Ontario Canada

• Corsair Employees

Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 1.9 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

If they all pass set the Voltage to 2.0 Volts and test with all four installed.

well, i have decided to wait till payday and im gonna purchase some new memory. then i am going to reinstall windows with all updates and see what happens. Alot of people tell me thats it probably a glitch somewhere in the memory im using now. Ill give that a try first and let you know how things turn out.

Joe

I previously posted a message regarding various error messages ie: STOP as well as "hard error". I have replaced everything in my system and still get errors even though memtest shows ok.

Your warranty mentions buying from a authorized supplier. My local retailer went out of business at the end of Feb this year. What can i do? I have n o idea who his supplier was. I do howver have the receipts from my dealer.

Joe

Canada

Archived